Happy Friday! I’m still on a whiskey kick so I figured I’d share a Whiskey Sour recipe.
I saw Ina Garten’s conversation with Melissa McCarthy on Discovery+ (I am obsessed) and they made whiskey sours, which inspired me. So, for the last few weeks we’ve been trying different recipes, and I have to be honest with you: Ina’s is the best.
I tried to make it single-serve and couldn’t get the proportions just right, so just go ahead and make the pitcher to get the best flavor (we found that it made 3 drinks, not 4, but maybe we like a heavy pour, huh?).
- 3/4 cup Whiskey (you know I use Maker’s Mark)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2/3 cup sugar syrup
- Maraschino cherries
To be honest, we just stirred in the pitcher and poured over ice, garnishing with a cherry. But Ina tells us to shake with ice—up to you!
Cheers to the weekend! Now onto some weekend reading…
- I love seeing how spaces evolve over time—it feels so liberating to know your design decisions aren’t truly permanent, doesn’t it? Kismet House shared the evolution of their office closet, and Yellow Brick Home shared a TON of inspiration on how 3 different spaces in their home have evolved over the years. Love to see it!
- I’m slowly easing back into designing our home (and sharing on this blog) after my Covid-19 hiatus with a completely new challenge for me: the One Room Challenge! See my first posts here, here, and here. Even though I am desperately behind, I’ve been so inspired by the community: I loved watching watching Jewel, Hannah, and Benjamin make progress in their spaces—anyone else I should be following? Tell me in the comments.
- This DIY headboard wall has me taking notes.
- An entire DIY closet?? Incredible!
- Cut all of the pictures of this house out of House Beautiful—so I had to order the designer’s book, too. The use of color is so inspiring and measured—the blue and yellow bedroom, the mustard curtains and blue sofa, and the green monochrome moment are all hitting my vision board.
- We have a big yard which means dealing with weeds. I ordered a weeding tool to yank them out and save my back.
- Dustin installed these outdoor lights on the detached garage—they automatically turn on at night, and if they sense motion, they get brighter. Cool!
- A tiny brush and dustpan for my potting bench—so cute!
- Not exactly practical but…after a year of never getting dressed, this swingy blue and white dress might be my birthday present to myself.
Have a happy weekend!
This post may contain affiliate links, which are a way to support our blog at no cost to you. Thank you!