I can’t believe there’s only a week left in the month! It’s been such a busy start to the new year, but we’re getting really excited for this year. We just got our building permits approved by the city, which means work is starting in our basement next week.
Plus, the pantry will be done this weekend, and Dustin’s going to try to wrap demo on the master bathroom as well. If you happen to be in the Twin Cities and know a local tiler that you’d recommend, let me know!
(We’d be fine doing it ourselves but because there is so much and we want to ensure everything drains okay, we’re going to hire it out. Smaller jobs we’ll DIY!)
Toasting with: dreaming of a glass of red wine…but I’m on the last week of my Whole30, so that will be next week. For now, we found peach flavored Perrier that’s getting me through.
- I loved following along on the 4-part series of Aimee from Hygge and West’s home remodel—she uses wallpaper in such creative ways and it’s no secret that I’m a big fan of the brand.
- I wrote a love letter to postcards, and shared some display ideas if you similarly collect postcards (or want to start!).
- We painted three samples on the ceiling of my home office, and it was immediately obvious which one I should go with so I want to know if you use samples. I think I’m going to jump into painting that room sooner than later because it’s just so exciting to have those samples up, and after sharing that mood board, it really feels within reach. Do you want a post with tips on painting ceilings? Let me know!
- Did you catch the reveal of the DIY Bloggers Lowes Takeover last weekend? I’m loving the dark color on the walls and the board & batten. Plus, those sconces—I’m ordering one right now.
- Kelly Golightly is Palm Springs magic and she proved the difference that a can of paint can make with her blue front doors.
- After spending last weekend in Scottsdale and getting lots of shopping in there, we haven’t been doing as much this week (trying to save a bit). Heads up if you live in Scottsdale—the Trina Turk at Fashion Square is closing, and having 40% off right now. I snagged a new swimsuit for under $100!
- Shared a bunch of leather accents that are great for adding some texture to your space.
- Consulting my post about pantry canisters again since we’re finishing that space this weekend (!) finally! I can’t wait to share the reveal soon, and I appreciate your patience as we balance our jobs, house, this blog, travel…we’re blessed and busy!
Have a great weekend!