Cheers to the weekend!
It’s been so nice to finally be wrapping some things up in our home after having Covid-19 for months, taking a break from work and this blog, and generally working slowly. This week, we finally revealed our primary bath (!!!).
It feels so good to be able to call a room done—although we’ve been using it for months, there’s been little tasks we still have to do. But no more! Any additions from here on out are decorative—and not, like, caulk. (Okay, a little bit of caulk.)
While we have a lot on our to-do list in the rest of our house, it’s a lot of exciting things (ahem, not drywall), so I can’t wait to dive into them, and to start adding a lot more function (and storage!) to our house.
So, how are we celebrating? With our absolute favorite easy bourbon cocktail right now: the Merry Berry Buck.
And when I say “easy bourbon cocktail” I really mean it—this one is perfect for beginners or if you’re just beginning to stock your home bar, because you don’t have to go out and buy a ton of different liquors.
We started to make this drink around the holidays and haven’t been able to stop.
It’s refreshing without feeling particularly seasonal. Since it’s made with cranberry and bourbon, it feels at home in winter, but the lemon brightens it up so you could totally sip it in the spring and summer, too.
As huge Maker’s Mark fans, we have loved having a new way to drink it (although my favorite is still on the rocks—it’s like drinking caramel!).
Have I convinced you yet? Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/2 parts Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1 1/2 parts cranberry juice
- 3/4 parts lemon juice
- Splash of ginger ale
- Garnish with lemon wheel (optional)
Just put the bourbon, cranberry juice, and lemon juice in a glass and stir. Top with ice and a splash of ginger ale. Garnish and enjoy!
Want to serve over an ice ball (or just learn why so many cocktails are served over one big ice cube)??? I explained in this post and shared ideas for how to make ice balls of your own.
I’ve loved having nice long soaks in the tub lately and flipping through my favorite design magazines. My favorites are House Beautiful and HGTV Magazine.
- This home was featured in House Beautiful and has so much color and pattern without feeling over-the-top.
- After sharing the hidden shelf behind a print in our primary bathroom, I’ve been seeing hidden doors, storage, and more everywhere—love the hidden door in the bedroom in this home.
- This outdoor hot tub is downright dreamy.
- I’ve loved Jordan Ferney ever since I saw her speak at Alt Summit, so I had to pick up a copy of Domino to see this feature on her New York City apartment. It’s colorful and fun and whimsical and wonderful.
- This multipurpose room somehow gave me inspiration for my office, our kitchen, a guest room, and our home gym all at once.
- Are you watching Fixer Upper: Welcome Home on Discovery+ yet? I’m loving seeing the progression of Jo’s style. This first house was SO inspiring to me.
- We got new sheets from here, a company I’d never heard of before. I love the small pattern and they’re great quality.
- Our new entryway light arrived and I can see why so many bloggers I follow have used it—it’s beautiful.
- This cleaning concentrate smells amazing. We’ve been using it (mixed in a spray bottle) to keep our kitchen counters clean. And the scented vinegar cleans hard water spots without *quite* as much of the aggressive vinegar smell (although, it still smells like vinegar).
- This book from 2014 felt fresh and relevant and witty and I loved reading it—quite the feat for a design book. (Check out my other favorite design books here.)
- Had a small rash (I have the most sensitive skin) for weeks and this cleared it right up.
That’s all for now! I hope you have a fab weekend—and definitely let me know if you make our favorite easy bourbon cocktail.
This post may contain affiliate links, which are a way to support our blog at no cost to you. Thank you!