Cheers to the weekend! Although…it feels strange to celebrate the weekend when it’s mostly just going to be more at-home time, huh? I’m having a happy hour with some friends tonight, though, so that feels a little festive!
Plus, the weather is beautiful today and it has me dreaming about our eventual outdoor space. For now, I think we’re going to try to do a project or two outside this weekend.
We’ve also been avoiding doing much decorating for fear that the bathroom construction will get everything dusty, but since it’s just going to be us in the house for at least 2 weeks, we figure we might as well put some art on the walls and throw pillows on the couch.
How about you? What are your quarantine projects?
Toasting with… red wine. I’ve been interested in trying a quarantini though, lol!
- I’ve been looking at tons of Ikea hacks this week since we’re thinking of using Ikea Pax in our closet, and this mudroom is so good.
- Dreaming of all things pink for a little girl’s room (still not sure when this project will happen but I’ll try to keep you posted).
- We’re thinking a lot about how best to use our time at home (especially since we can’t advance much in the master bathroom until we can get a plumber in our house…) and so I’m loving this long long list of DIY inspiration!
- Black, white, and wood will always play nice in a kitchen.
We’ve been ordering the weirdest collection of things during quarantine, as we try to figure out what supplies we need for a couple craft projects, what we need to take care of ourselves, and what to snack on. Need some ideas? Here you go:
- Craft supplies: the best shade of gold spray paint, according to Pinterest; the best way to update an old frame or mirror; not just for drawers anymore.
- Forever searching for command hooks and can’t find them in our boxes, so I ordered some. These ones are so cute, no?
- Self care: mandatory for bath time; some good masks to combat the general lack of skincare I’m exercising at the moment.
- The best snack on the planet, and I’m not even a big candy eater.
- We ordered some New York bagels and we have no regrets—this site has tons of famous/delicious/indulgent foods for delivery, perfect for quarantine or gifting (we just got my sister some cookie dough for her birthday and she loved it). You’re not eating out anyway, so you might as well have great food at home, right?
- Anthropologie is having a sale right now, and this coffee table I’ve been eyeing for actual years is down to $787 from $1500—too good to pass on, so I ordered! So exciting. (Heads up, you have to put it in your cart to see the discounted price.)
- Anytime we order from Anthro, we throw in a set of these dish towels (currently $15 on sale—again, add to your cart). I’m obsessed with them because they’re thin like a dish towel but absorbent enough for hand washing. Plus, they’re super pretty.
Let me know in the comments what you stocked up on and what projects you’re planning to tackle this weekend!