Cheers to a new year, and new decade—welcome to the roaring 20s! This new beginning feels a little more significant than most years, doesn’t it?
Sure, we bought our new place in November, but 2020 is really the year we’re going to get to work on our updates!
That said, I’m really resisting setting resolutions this year (I’m a virgo so this is a particular challenge.) I feel like resolutions and self-help can lead to a somewhat unhealthy headspace where you constantly feel like you have to fix yourself. In 2019, I started to come around to the idea that there’s nothing wrong with me, so I’m really trying to avoid a return to that mindset.
My intentions for this year are still a bit undefined, but I’m looking to support my physical body—recognizing that it’s the only one I’ll ever get (and, after all, it’s where my brain lives)—and create a beautiful home.
We celebrated the new year with a couple of good friends and their little baby, so it was a pretty chill evening. And now, I’m starting a Whole30 to center my eating habits a bit after that Christmas period of so much booze and sugar. Don’t worry, I’ll still share a cocktail today:
The easiest champagne cocktail ever, which I love to make to impress my friends:
Place a sugar cube in the bottom of a Champagne flute (we always have these ones in the house, they’re just so easy). Put a few dashes of peach bitters on the sugar cube. Top with sparkling wine of your choice.
That’s it! So easy and looks really pretty as the sugar cube dissolves among the bubbles.
Plus, it’s a great option if you bought a cheap bottle of prosecco and it’s not very good.
- I shared a round-up of inspiration from our recent Europe trip, and it’s got me super excited for a couple of trips we’re planning in 2020.
- This round up of kitchen cabinet designs is totally inspiring.
- We’ve got the old bathroom, hallway and closets totally ripped apart in our master suite, so we’re getting excited making plans for our black and white master bath.
- I’ve been doing a lot of hunting and pinning for our entry space, and this week I came across such dreamy inspiration from McGee & Co.
- Discussing the difference between renovating & decorating, and how to decide what’s right for your house.
- I got this desk sun lamp for Christmas, which is supposed to help keep us Minnesotans cheery in the winter—plus, this one looks pretty. I can’t wait to get into a more regular schedule to really test it out.
- Snagged a couple of these palm print pillows on super sale since I’ve been eyeing them forever (if they’re sold out, here are some similar ones on Etsy).
- Lighting galore! Flushmounts especially.