Hi friends! I can hardly believe we’re in September right now, but this year time isn’t real so who knows…
Today, I wanted to share a few of my absolute favorite home purchases (and gifts—my birthday was last week!) of August. It’s actually a tough one because I ordered a bunch of things to fill in our main bedroom design, since we’re planning on actually moving in to our bedroom in the next week!
That said, there are a few things I got this month that stood out and I was just dying to tell you about. Ready? Let’s shop.
Voluspa Candles and Diffusers
In particular, the French Cade & Lavender scent. It’s fresh and masculine and relaxing all at once.
Jennifer Lake’s hunt for a signature scent in her home inspired me to order a couple candles of this old favorite scent and I’m loving having such a fresh-smelling home.
I love this brand because of the combination of delicious scents with the fact that they use natural wicks and are phthalate, paraben, and sulfate free. Plus, it’s hard to decide which is more beautiful: the tins or the glass candles—they take packaging to the next level.
My favorite is the reed diffuser, and I’m going to order one for each bathroom. Check out all of Voluspa’s scents and order a couple to find the one that’s right for your home!
Anthropologie Side Table
I know a reveal is sorely overdue, but I’m still waiting for it to feel “done”—and I think I need to paint my file cabinet!
The best part? Since this is an outdoor table, I have no qualms about putting a plant on it so she can get a better view—any overflow is no problem.
I know our style leans pretty modern, but I still have a traditional bent occasionally, especially when it comes to entertaining. So, having beautiful napkins for a dinner party (imaginary obviously, since we’re still social distancing) just makes me happy.
These ones are so stunning and luxurious feeling that I’ve stacked them up on our console table as a pretty display, so I can enjoy them whenever I want. (Bonus: no risk of anyone actually dirtying them!)
- We’ll share a phase 1 reveal next week, but here’s a sneak peek of a few of the things I bought for our bedroom: a big moroccan rug, an accent rug, and lush curtains.
- You know you’re a candle snob when you get yourself one of these.
- All of the lighting! Shared a save vs. splurge lighting roundup and moooost of them are in my cart right now.
- Mockups are such a helpful design tool, so I shared how exactly you can make one for yourself—whether or not you have Photoshop.
- This House Beautiful home tour is a study in wallpaper—those kids rooms are so sweet!
- My favorite interior design reference books.
- Tone-on-tone in a powder bath—let’s just say I’m taking notes.
- An important reference to bookmark for living room design.
- I’m so interested in how inspiration finds us, evolves, and what it results in. Here’s how I picked a color for our bedroom.
That’s all for now! Have a great weekend!