Note: it feels weird not to discuss Covid-19, as it’s at the center of so many of our minds and hearts right now. As I am not a journalist or a doctor, I’m not a reliable source of information and, frankly, reading about it everywhere makes me super anxious, so we’re just going to proceed as usual. If all of this news is making you anxious, too, I suggest the CDC website and virusanxiety.com…oh, and get off Twitter.
Cheers to the weekend! Today, I’m so excited that Dustin is coming back to Joshua Tree after my writing retreat week. Tomorrow, we’re driving to Scottsdale to celebrate our anniversary—the last stop of our 5 week road trip! We head home on Wednesday. So exciting!
But, since I’m still not home, it’s been easy to feel a sense of stagnation.
We’re trying to keep an eye on the things that are happening with our master bathroom, but we aren’t there to oversee it so we’re not really 100% on top of what’s going on there. We want to get the electrician and plumber scheduled, but we need to be sure everything is ready for them when they get there. It’s been so frustrating to be away so long when we have SO many projects we want to dive into.
And yet, this trip has been absolutely amazing for one thing when it comes to design: inspiration.
We saw so many beautiful homes as a part of Modernism Week, we stayed in the stunning Sands Hotel, we enjoyed the colors of the Saguaro, and now I’m in a boho Airbnb in Joshua Tree. We’ve seen so many color combinations, furniture choices, styling ideas, and even vintage trailers.
We’ve been blessed to have this time to find inspiration (my main takeaway? More color!) and while we’re happy to head home soon, I’d be remiss if I didn’t share my inspiration with you all. So, welcome to Inspiration Hour with The Cozy Clarks!
First off, toasting with…a box of wine. We’re heading to the super fancy resort where we got married, and while I’m for sure getting my favorite rosé slushie by the pool, I miiiiight be super sneaky and refill out of the box in my room (am I so classy or what?).
- Vintage Trailers! I shared some of the best ideas I’m stealing from the vintage trailer show when we (someday…) decide to fix up our own.
- The design of the most beautiful, stunning, over-the-top house rental ever (thanks mom for letting us crash with you, lol).
- Thank you to John Patrick for sharing our account and our post about this house!
- The Saguaro Hotel was such a colorful location, it really left me questioning everything we have planned in our home and asking myself where we should add more color. This white + wood hanging lamp on either side of the orange headboard was my standout, though.
- The result of all this color? This C table in Saffron, ordered to pair deliciously with our navy blue sofa. (And perhaps a light blue blanket a la this pillow + throw combo at the Gilman Residence, designed in partnership with Room and Board):
- Oh and Room and Board also shared a picture of me on their Instagram (I’m blushing!).
- The Sands Hotel was ALSO beautiful, and there were so many ideas you could totally steal on a budget, my favorite being this painted medallion above the flush mount light fixture in our room. 99% sure I’m stealing this idea to go above my tub in the new master bathroom (I was told a chandelier above the tub is actually against code) so let me know if you want a tutorial once I figure that out!
Next week, I’ll continue the inspiration train with a total Modernism Week Roundup, as well as a tour of my boho house in Joshua Tree. For now, let’s go shopping:
- Knix gave me a sample of panties at Alt Summit and they’re so great. Do you know this brand? I walked through their postpartum traveling exhibit and cried…and I’m not even a mom!
- I can’t peel my eyeballs away from these amazing palm earrings, and since earrings are pretty much the only jewelry I can wear without getting a rash (#sensitiveskin) I think that means I need them?
- Everyone at Alt except for me got one of these head ties at the gifting party so I’ve seen precisely one zillion ideas for how to wear them, which means I’m chomping at the bit to snag one. How would you wear it?!
- Back in the home sector, as I mentioned above, this table will be waiting for me when I get home!
Have a great weekend!