Cheers! Happy Weekend! This weekend is a really exciting one, we’re getting concrete poured so our new outdoor living space is really going to start coming together.
I can’t wait to have happy hours out on our new deck and patio once we get them all set up—although, the way the budget is going, we may or may not have outdoor furniture this year…
Oh well. I know we’ll still enjoy our outdoors and we at least have the table we built anyway! For now, let’s dream of warm summer evenings with a cocktail recipe, shall we?
We’ve loved making mojitos lately because I planted some mint this year and it’s growing very healthy (unlike my basil…oops!).
I also wanted to share another progress update on our en suite. Last week, I shared on Instagram stories that we pushed to get the drywall done in the actual bathroom so that tile could start this week, which it did bright and early Monday morning (shout out to Dustin for waking up to let them in and letting me sneak extra sleep in).
Here’s what we’re working with right now:
Omg! We still have a lot of work to do but it feels like things are moving quickly now. We’ve been overwhelmed with the different projects we have to work on, mainly putting the basement finish on the backburner, but progress still feels so good. It’s all happening!
- I shared our plans and inspiration for our outdoor living room, and I can’t wait to make a Palm-Springs-does-Moroccan-in-the-Midwest paradise!
- I loved all of the One Room Challenge reveals this go-around, but Haneen’s living room is in the running for my favorite. Who knew we should all be painting our walls black??
- Speaking of moody, these green built-ins are giving me life.
- I love that Yellow Brick Home decided to save the vintage pink pieces in their Two-Flat bathroom, but made it feel so fresh with their tile choices!
- My favorite Ikea Hack of all time. It’s so good.
- We’ve come a long way since then but I finally shared some notes on painting our exposed basement ceiling instead of drywalling.
- Bathroom accessories, mirrors, faucets, lights, and more…so I shared some of the best save vs. splurge options I’ve found on my hunt. Seriously, look at those gold mirrors and tell me why one is twice the price of the other…I couldn’t tell you!
- Speaking of bathroom accessories, I’m trying to assemble a few cute canisters to hold cotton swabs and the like, but I don’t want them to match. What are our thoughts on this one? How about these?
- I gave in and ordered a comfy dress and romper from Lou and Grey, because my comfy work from home wear is mostly sweatpants and leggings, and my office is way too hot for that! I feel like jersey is the fabric of this summer after we all got used to being in our pajamas all day while we stayed home.
- I ordered 5 pairs of shorts from Target and these were the only winners (I always size up one size in shorts because I don’t like them too tight).
- I’ve been on the hunt for a brighter flush mount for our powder bathroom (it’s so dim in there) and I think this could be the winner.
Cheers to the weekend! Hope you have a good one!
fortnite skin generatorJanuary 8, 2021 at 1:16 am
Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Thanks|
Delila SchaumannDecember 26, 2020 at 8:53 am
Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging
for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your
web site is excellent, let alone the content!
AnonymousOctober 28, 2020 at 1:39 am
Very nice write-up. I definitely love this site. Keep it up!