As I’ve been making plans for new mirrors in all of our bathrooms (they make such a difference!), I’ve noticed something on my Pinterest board and saved Instagram photos…shelves!
I keep noticing and saving mirrors that have a built in shelf. I love the idea of having a little space to place a plant or even store a toothbrush or something.
Certainly, it’s not a storage solution—there’s not much storage offered by a little ledge. But, it’s an opportunity to add a just a little more space if you have a small bathroom or pedestal sink.
I’ve pretty much always seen them styled with a plant, but can’t you just imagine a guest putting their glasses on the sweet little ledge? Or as a perfect key rest (and final hair check) spot in the entryway?
I feel like the old fashioned thing for a mirror storage solution would be a medicine cabinet, which would obviously offer actual storage. But, to me, they always end up feeling stuffed and dirty and they’re a weird size…what do you think?
Anyway, today I’m rounding up the best of the mirrors with shelves that I’ve found lately.
Remember, I’m still shopping so I need your input! Comment on this Instagram post and let me know which ones are your favorites.
From L-R, Top to Bottom:
- I like the way the frame extends out the whole way around this mirror, so the shelf feels like a natural continuation. Source: Signature Hardware
- The style of this one allows the opportunity to drape a towel on the edge of the mirror—great if you have a small space where a towel bar would be awkward. Source: Shades of Light
- I love this take on the style with the marble shelf a little lower and sweet arch (arches are in!) Source: CB2
- Rest your rings on this mid-century beauty with sexy curves. Source: Food52
- The marble shelf on this mirror with subtle curves is sure to class up the joint. Source: Crate and Barrel
- I’m really feeling the hexagon shape of this funky brass mirror. Source: Crate and Barrel
- I love the way the frame of this mirror extends beyond your reflection, giving it an updated industrial feel. Source: Target
- Of course I had to include this pretty gold mirror with curved edges. Source: West Elm
- The surface of this shelf is mirrored too! Feels so sleek with the brass accent, no? Source: CB2
This post may contain affiliate links, which are a way for you to support my blog at no cost to you. Thank you!